Live on production May 13, 2017.
This page provides the Snap updates for the Spring 2017 (4.9) release. This release also includes the patches made to Snaps in the 4.8.0 release, as listed in the 4.8 Snap Patch Releases page.
For information on platform updates in this release, see Spring 2017 Platform Updates.
For information on Snap Pack build versions, see Snap Pack Versions by Release (updated at product release).
Pipelines which are already started before a Snap update will continue to run with the older version of the Snaps. Only pipelines started after the new Snaps are deployed will run with the new Snaps.
For ultra pipelines, the currently running instances would continue to run with the older Snap packs. Editing and saving the task instance in Manager will cause a rolling restart of the ultra pipeline instances and the new Snap Packs will get picked up.
Only those customers using SQL Server with Windows authentication and SAP will need to restart their Groundplexes.
Some accounts may have a fixed time for refresh tokens, for example Google and Box accounts must be refreshed every hour. If that refresh needs to occur when the platform is down for an update, the refresh does not occur. To prevent these accounts from failing after a new platform deployment, it is recommended that you refresh your accounts before the designated down time.
New Snap Packs
Updated Snap Packs
- Added connection retry logic to Anaplan Action Snap.
- "Re-submission of chunks" logic added to Anaplan Upload Snap.
- Enhanced the Confluent Kafka Consumer and Confluent Kafka Producer Snaps to use Kafka Connect API.
- Added the new Snap, Confluent Kafka Acknowledge.
- Hive - Execute Snap is tested on Cloudera Version 5.8.
- Hive - Execute Snap(Kerberos) now works on groundplex.
- Query Condition property for MongoDB Find, MongoDB Update and MongoDB Delete Snaps is now an expression that evaluates to an object or a JSON string.
- Updated the MongoDB Find, Insert, Delete and Update Snaps with Database name property to support the users defined in an authentication database.
- Updated the Redshift S3 Upsert, Bulk Load and Bulk Upsert Snaps with the properties, Vacuum type & Vacuum threshold (%) (replaced the original Vacuum property) to support various Vacuum operations
- Updated the Redshift S3 Upsert Snap for IAM Role and Server-side encryption support.
- Added support for the Redshift driver under the account setting for JDBC jars.
- Updated the Salesforce Create, Batch Create, Delete, Poller, Update and Upsert Snaps with Pass through property.
- Added the new Snap, SAP IDoc Document Listener.
- SQL Server Bulk Load Snap supported to load data into the table if the table name starts with some special characters.
- The Snap Pack is now tested with SQL Server 2016 version.
Tableau 9 &10
- Support extended for Tableau 10.1 server version. This resulted in the Tableau 9 Snap Pack being renamed to Tableau 9&10.
- Updated the Snap account with the properties, XML Schema URL and API version (other).
- Updated the Snap account with Access Key ID, Secret Key and IAM role to support access to files on S3.
- Tableau REST Snap extended support to access the TDE files on S3.
- Teradata Export to HDFS Snap supported with Dynamic account.
- Workday Read Snap updated with the Page Number and the Page Size properties to enhance the performance.
- Workday Write Snap updated with Import Synchronized, Import Batch Size and Import Batch Node to enhance the performance for Import objects supporting bulk operations.
The following version changes will be required to build custom Snap Packs post-2017 Spring release:
Java 8 now is required e.g.
The following dependency versions changes apply:
The following plugin version changes apply:
|snappack-installer||4.0 or |
Known Issues & Limitations
No known issues at this time.